Your backyard can serve different purposes when you bring innovation to it. Among many fun activities to engage in your backyard, glamping is highly recommended because it is an innovative camping style with luxury.
However, glamping is a kind of outdoor recreational activity like tourism that involves accommodations and facilities more glamourous than those associated with regular camping.
The truth is, whatever kind of outdoor activities you desire elsewhere, they can be replicated in your backyard with little cost; that is why backyard glamping should be considered as a way of creating more bonds in the family to keep priceless family memories.
Backyard Glamping today is considered the most beautiful way to enjoy nature with luxury at the comfort of your home, and it takes your family get-together or camping to a different level.
Glamping entails making your family camping more epicurean and more fun with almost everything you need. Fire pits, inflatable pools, electricity, running water, hot springs, mood light, and so on are what makes it more comfortable and more ideal for many people.
It could be adorable to have your camping excursion in your backyard because of its excellent combination of excitement and safety. Your family will be highly delighted for a tremendous home-style comfort such as that.
Backyard glamping will be a fantastic experience of glamorous camping for your children and the people around you. Somehow, everyone needs at least a little experience of such home-styled comfort. Is it not beautiful for such in your home than to spend about $30,000 for a vacation home?
What is Backyard Glamping and Why Backyard Glamping?
Backyard glamping is a style of camping traditionally in the backyard of your home. This can be very beneficial to those that like the idea of stylish or glamorous camping but don’t want to travel.
Deliberately, glamping was started by Earl Atholl in the 16th century in Scotland with his experience of visiting King James V and his mother, and since then, it has become what every man could want to have in his home.
By making provisions for things like a mood light, running water, fire pits, electricity, and so on will make your backyard glamping more luxurious than that of traditional camping. Glamping, of course, is a league on its own, so it is applaudable of you to make it available in your home.
Adding some glamour to your backyard camping for the best staycation ever is not a bad idea. There are different ways you can make your backyard glamping so unique and beautiful.
The rest of the article will be talking about what it takes to create glamping in your backyard, some ideas that will help you while preparing your backyard for glamping or things you may need for your backyard camping, and so on.
What It Takes to Create Glamping in your Backyard
All you have to do when it comes to your backyard glamping is to add a couple of things that will make it more exciting and splendid and appreciated by happy glampers.
This is because it may not be for your family alone, especially if you live in a well-populated place or in a remote location that hotels are far from.
Then it is a great opportunity to make a huge profit. Below are some steps or ideas that will help you in preparing your backyard for glamping.
Make A Checklist
It is crucial to list everything you will need for your backyard glamping to avoid errors. It also allows you to be more organized and inspires you to take the right actions and equally complete them.
However, before you start hunting for your nails, hammer, sleeping bags, tents, and flashlights in the garage, you have to make up your checklist from the order of importance.
You could start with choosing a comfortable place for your tent and make provisions for other things you may need, such as sleeping pads, camp chairs, and table, lantern, pillow, batteries, etc.
The priority of a backyard glamping setup is comfort, so go for a tent that will give your family the maximum comfort you desire.
Your backyard pop-up canopy can come in different sizes, five feet by five feet to ten feet by twenty feet or thereabout.
Naturally, having a tent in your backyard is very beneficial, not just for your backyard glamping, but you can make good use of it if you want to host a backyard party.
However, if you are looking for a yurt alternative that is easier to put up and take down and gives off the yurt feel for the ultimate glamping experience, then a bell tent is a great choice.
A bell tent is a luxurious camping experience compared to the traditional tent that many campers use for campground camping.
The bell tent is a circular canvas tent with a supporting pole in the middle. Its bell-like shape is created with tension from guy ropes around its perimeter.
A Bell Tent is visually pleasing, and since they are stand-up tents, you have the mobility to walk around the tent with ease and put on a pair of pants without lying down.
Moreover, other tents like outback deluxe, casa bubble, route pod, luminaire tree tent, thermo tent, and cinch tent are also lovely.
Build a Fire Pit
There is nothing quite interesting like building a fire pit with children, such as roasting or cooking, and teaching them fire safety.
Making a fire in your fire pit is one of the most exciting parts of the camping experience. You can equally introduce a game like fetching firewood and kindling since the fire pit is a good shot to gather around.
Don’t forget to go along with some foodies like barbeque and marshmallows, which you will roast over your fire. Typically, they all add a bit to the experience. All you need to do is avoid anything that will make your fire pit retain water to prevent an explosion.
Light is crucial for your camping because it gives you a sense of satisfaction and peace of mind. Adding light in your backyard for your camping can create a dreamy atmosphere for your backyard glamping and could also serve decorative features.
Generally, technology has made things easier for our backyard glamping by providing serials of Light that can be affordable or that you can easily lay your hands on for your backyard light camping.
You should bring out your time to place them at a lovely site to produce decorative features, or if you are using string light, you can vigorously wrap it around your tent. Preferably, two string lights will produce a spectacular lighting backyard.
Have a Scavenger Hunt
You can also go far as making your children have more fun by having a scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt takes your backyard camping to a higher level of fun activity with your kids.
The scavenger hunt will make your kids develop that early fun and boost their observation skills of making discoveries on their own in a typically natural way.
You can write the names of leaves, insects, flowers, plant products like nuts, seeds, or fruits and then go in for it until all the items get checked off from the list. Through this way, both you and your little scavenger hunters will be greatly entertained.
Entertainment is also significant for the success of your camping. Good entertainment helps you and your family have more fun, and when your family has fun, they tend to engage happily in other activities during your backyard camping exercise.
So, bring food and snack is very important to help increase the energy and the mood of the camping. Entertainment also lies on other things other than food that will bring more fun to your camping.
Know that spending time with your family together is a way of creating a strong family bond. Utilizing the whole of your backyard is part of the entertainment, like allow your children to try their hands on flying a kite, set up a play tent, play backyard bingo, inflatable pool, and so on.
All these create a natural environment for entertainment. All you have to do is, plan for the activities you want to carry on with your children. Without proper planning, there is every possibility of ending up with bored and unpleasant children slowly marching back to the house unhappy.
What you need for your Backyard Glamping
As said earlier, it is very important to plan or do research ahead to determine how you would bring the right equipment you will be needed. The most important thing is to have uninterrupted camping with your family.
Things like hats, mosquito repellants, umbrellas, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking boots, and more others are necessary, especially if you are not camping in your house.
Don’t forget the bug zapper in case you have bugs in your backyard. You know what, turning your backyard into the best campsite is a great way to commemorate good times together with your family with less worry.
Benefits of Backyard Glamping
- Stress reduction: Leave the overbooked scheduling at home. When you’re camping, there’s no place to be at a specific time, and nothing is interrupting you or competing for your attention. The natural outcome of this type of setting is stress reduction and relaxation like you can’t find anywhere else.
- Fresh air: You may not realize how scarce fresh air is in your day-to-day life. When you go camping, you get the beautiful scents of the outdoors, as well as the smell of dinner cooking over an open fire.
- Relationship building: One of the best and most important aspects of camping is how it helps you build and strengthen relationships. When you go camping with friends or family, you get a chance to talk and visit without distraction, even late into the night.
- Physical fitness: Time spent camping is physical time. You set up a tent, gather firewood, go for a hike. At home, we often lead sedentary lives that do not promote physical fitness. When you’re camping, you can’t help but engage in physical activity and get your heart rate up.
- Connection with nature: When you’re camping, you get a chance to get in touch with nature, encounter wildlife and see the stars away from the bright lights of the big city. There’s nothing quite like it. Make sure you and your family have the chance to connect with nature when you explore the many benefits of camping.
- Development of new skills: You can’t help but develop new skills while camping. Everyone on the trip will contribute, and it’s a great chance to learn new things. You may learn how to set up tents, tie knots, start fires, cook a fresh meal, and more. These skills are essential to have, yet we don’t often get a chance to develop them during our regular busy schedules.
- Educational opportunities: For kids, time spent camping is time spent learning, which is one of the reasons scouting programs are so valuable. They facilitate camping experiences built around kids learning new things, including fishing, cooking, hiking, tying knots, fire-starting, safety, first aid, and much more.
- Growth of confidence: Children need to become more independent and confident in their capabilities gradually. One of the benefits of camping for youth is that it allows them to learn independence in a safe and controlled environment. Children become more confident as they know new things and have first-time experiences.
- Family connections: Camping is beneficial for children and their families because it can help strengthen bonds between family members — brothers and sisters, parents and children, and the list goes on. You will all return home feeling much stronger as a group.
- A good night’s sleep: If you’ve got decent camping gear, you’ll fall fast asleep after a day full of outdoor activities.
Sleep affects all your body processes, reduces inflammation, improves your cardiovascular system, and helps you stay alert. Many campers report better sleep cycles when they return for a trip.
You should be thrilled to have this great experience right in your backyard? At least you now know that your backyard glamping can be very easy, less expensive, and equally elevate your fun experience with your family, which means you have to worry no more about where to locate a camping home.
However, I know you can have wonderful camping right in your backyard with satisfaction with these fantastic backyard glamping ideas. It is high time you made your backyard very useful with different unique activities.
Hope this article helped you understand What It Takes to Create Glamping in your Backyard?. You may also want to bookmark our guide on How Long Can You Leave Water in an Inflatable Pool.
I will love to hear from you if you have any other suggestions for fun-filled backyard glamping. All you have to do is comment below and reach out to people by sharing this post on social media.