Apart from the fact that powder coated aluminum patio furniture has a lovely sheen on them, one other reason why we powder coat aluminum furniture is that it comes with the promise of never rusting. While this is true, they begin to lose their glow when they are constantly exposed to the elements.
You can keep your powder coated aluminum patio furniture looking good by cleaning and maintaining it despite all odds. Now cleaning such furniture surfaces can be daunting, but it should be manageable with suitable materials.
With a mild detergent and rag or with Aluminum Restoration Cleaning Solution, you are on your way to keeping that furniture as good as new.
Benefits Of Powder Coating Your Aluminum Patio Furniture
When you spend a lot of money purchasing one of those beautiful sets of aluminum patio furniture, you want them to keep looking good and last as long as possible, so you will want to apply some powder coating on them.
There are many aluminum patio furniture that comes powder coated already. The powder coating is a protective application that bonds the powder to metals using electrostatic waves, which makes them more able to withstand the elements and changing weather conditions.
There are a lot of benefits to powder coating your aluminum patio furniture, including:
It Increases The Durability Of Your Furniture
Powder coating your aluminum patio provides comprehensive protection for your outdoor furniture. It is essential because this furniture has unique needs compared to those used indoors. After all, it must withstand long periods under the sun and local weather patterns that might be harsh and consistent.
The metal durability of powder-coated furniture is improved because the powder coat adds note strength to the furniture and shields the metal from degradation from the element. That is why powder-coated position furniture does not rust even under moist climates or constant rain.
Not only does the powder coat keep the aluminum furniture from rusting, but it also ensures that the risk of surface scratching is reduced.
The presentation of dented or scratched furniture could be more appealing, and this also reduces its quality. Still, with powder coating your aluminum patio furniture, you don’t experience this let-down.
It Increases The Furniture’s Longevity
Even though the longevity of your patio furniture depends on many factors, like the climatic condition of your area, the materials the furniture is made of, and other such factors, under the proper condition, your powder coated aluminum patio furniture can last for up to 40 years.
It Improves The Aesthetics Of The Furniture
Your patio furniture is a practical element of your outdoor environment. It can also function as a piece of beauty that accentuates your home’s allure. The powder coat of your furniture, which can come in any color and texture, can make that aluminum patio so fit into your home’s scenery that it transforms your patio.
It Makes For Uniformity
Powder coating of aluminum patio furniture produces a uniform coat on each piece that can sometimes be hard to replicate with paint and other coating options. That is because powder coating gives you more control over thickness for optimized protection.
Powder Coating Supports The Environment
Powder coating of furniture is one of the most environmentally friendly ways of giving your furniture a sheen, and this is because it is free of certain solvents that hurt our environment, solvents like volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and hazardous air pollutants (HAPs).
How To Clean Powder-Coated Aluminium Patio Furniture
For your powder coated aluminum patio furniture to maintain its looks, you must clean off any buildup of dirt and debris that might build up over time.
The two main ways to clean your patio aluminum furniture is the use:
- Mild soap and water solution
- Aluminum restoration cleaning solution
Mild Soap And Water Solution
To clean that powder coated aluminum furniture, you should do the following:
1. Start by mixing some mild soap in a container of water.
2. Now dip a soft cloth into the soapy water mixture and wring it out.
3. Carefully wipe down the furniture’s surface, ensuring you don’t scrub too hard not to scratch the furniture.
4. When you are done wiping the furniture, rinse it with clean water to remove any soap residue.
5. Leave the furniture to air dry altogether before using it again.
And there you have it. Your aluminum patio furniture is clean again.
Aluminum Restoration Cleaning Solution
This cleaning solution works well in removing chalky oxidation and such materials from powder coated aluminum furniture. To use this liquid in cleaning, follow the procedure below:
1. Use a clean and slightly damp soft cloth to remove dirt, moisture, oxidation, or rust from the furniture. It ensures that these materials do not build up on the microfibre applicator.
2. Use a standard microfibre towel to apply the cleaning solution. Wet a section of the microfiber towel with Restoration Cleaning Solution at a minimum of 1″ in diameter and then wipe it on the furniture’s surface. It is best to wipe the furniture in a lateral or up-and-down motion with slightly overlapping strokes. Do not try to scrub. The solution will do all that for you. If you have tough stains, you should use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the spot.
3. When the furniture is dry, the product will leave a coating of corrosion protection for the treated surface.
General Maintenance Tip For Your Powder-Coated Aluminum Patio Furniture
We’ve already established that powder coats on aluminum furniture are a lot better and more challenging than paints because they can withstand the effect of the sun, rain, and adverse weather conditions. It is also resistant to corrosion, scratching, fading, and chipping. Still, all these are possible by adequately maintaining the furniture. Here are tips for keeping your furniture lasting longer
Clean The Furniture Gently
We’ve already told you shown you how to clean your powder-coated furniture. Clean it gently without using abrasive materials. Also, ensure that you only air dry the furniture.
Yes, we know that powder coating is tough and can withstand many harsh conditions and substances, but that doesn’t mean you should expose it to harsh chemicals like the ones in harsh cleaners. A solvent like acetone is a No, No because it can damage the finish. Be kind to your patio furniture.
Wax The Furniture When Necessary
From time to time, you might feel that your powder finish is looking dull. All you have to do to add a shine is apply a little wax like you would on a car. Ensure you clean the furniture first before waxing the furniture it.
Don’t Touch Up With Paint
Sometimes you might feel like dabbing a little paint on any chip or abrasion on your furniture, don’t fall for that temptation. You will only end up cheapening your beautiful patio furniture. Instead, go for repairs or recommend a professional to refinish it.
Cover The Furniture When Necessary
One great way of protecting your Powder-Coated Aluminum Patio Furniture is to use a tarp or a plastic sheet to cover it when you are not using it. It will help keep the powder coating from getting dirty and protect the furniture from the elements.
Removing Oxidation from Aluminum Powder Coating
Even though your aluminum patio furniture may not rust, it might oxidize over time. That happens when you notice chalky deposits on the surface of your furniture. You can get rid of this oxidation by doing the following:
1. Mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 cup of water in a bowl or bucket.
2. Then, use a soft sponge to rub out any light oxidation from the surface of your furniture.
3. If the oxidation is tough, mix 1 cup of baking soda with 1 quart of water, and then use a sponge to rub the mixture onto the furniture’s surface.
4. Use clean water to rinse the furniture and dry it with a soft cloth.
Powder-coated aluminum patio furniture might be all you need to transform your outdoor space from boring to inviting.
You May Also Like:
- How To Anchor a Metal Swing Set?
- Best Air Pressure Water Gun (10 Best to pick)
- 30 Amazing Hot Tub Gifts Ideas for Dad
- Best Inflatable Pool Cleaner Tool
- Can You Set Up an Inflatable Pool on Concrete?
- How to Keep Inflatable Pool Water Clean With Salt
The sheen on that furniture can last much longer if you take time to clean the furniture with water and mild soap or even an Aluminum Restoration Cleaning Solution. By correctly maintaining your furniture, it can last you for longer.
Kindly reach out to people by sharing this post on social media.