We all know that bounce house is the source of wholesome fun for kids and even adults, and they can get ripped or torn often as kids play on them.
What is worth saying is that fixing your bounce house leak is easy and you can do it yourself using some of the DIY bounce house repair kits that you can find online and in stores.
Leaks in your bounce house can be caused by many things, from wear and tear to kids bringing in prohibited or sharp objects into the unit as they play.
It can even be because your bounce house carries more weight per time than it is built to carry, but whatever the reason, you can easily get a good bounce house patch kit and fix the leak.
- 1 How To Find a Leak in A Bounce House?
- 2 How Do You Patch a Bounce House Without a Patch Kit?
- 3 How Do You Patch a Hole in A Bounce House?
- 4 Best Bounce House Patch Kit
- 5 What Can I Use to Clean a Bounce House?
- 6 Conclusion
How To Find a Leak in A Bounce House?
It is frustrating most times to know that there is a problem somewhere without knowing where the problem emanates from so that you can fix it.
This is the issue that many people have with their bounce houses. They know that it is leaking air, yet they cannot pinpoint where the leak is to fix it.
Below are some simple techniques you can use to discover a leak in your bonce house.
1. Check for the sound of air escaping from the bounce house
There is a gentle sound that any inflatable object makes when air is escaping from them, this should be what you will listen out for if you are trying to find the leak in your bounce house.
All you need to do is to set up your bounce in a quiet place. Then gently walk around the unit as slowly and carefully as possible and listen for any sound of air escaping. Stop and double-check any place you hear sound because you will find a tear or a rip there.
2. Feel for air
This technique is like the first one. All you need to do is to inflate your bounce house in a quiet place. You then walk around the unit feeling with your hand for any place to feel air coming out from the bounce house. That point where you feel the air is the exact place you will need to patch.
3. The soapy water technique
In this technique, you will need to deflate your bounce and keep it in a place that is flat and large enough to take it. You then make a solution of soap water by adding a quarter cup of dish soap in a gallon of water and add a tablespoon of glycerin.
Gently spread this soap solution all around the bounce house, every small area at a time. As you spread this soap solution, you may notice bubbles forming; this is because air is coming out of the bounce house as it is being replaced by water. That is where you have the leak, and you can patch it up.
How Do You Patch a Bounce House Without a Patch Kit?
There are a few ways to fix a bounce house without a patch kit, depending on whether you are fixing your bounce house for temporary purposes or something more permanent.
For a temporary bounce house repair without a patch kit, you could use vinyl repair tape to fix it. The first thing you have to do is to use any of the techniques mentioned previously to find out where the leak is, and when you find it, the first thing you have to do is to clean the leak area with an acetone cleaner to remove any dirt, grease or debris that is in the leak area that can cause the tape to peel up.
You then place a vinyl repair tape over the leak, and lastly, you can use a seam roller to flatten the tape over the leak so that it doesn’t peel up.
Another more permanent way to fix a bounce house leak without a patch kit is to stitch it up using the sewing awl.
The first thing to do is deflate the bounce house and clean the area to stitch. You then use a sewing awl to sew the rip or tear in the bounce house. This technique is most effective for fixing a tear in the seams of a bounce house.
How Do You Patch a Hole in A Bounce House?
To fix a hole in a bounce house, these simple steps below should be followed:
- Clean the area surrounding the hole with a washcloth dipped in mild soap water. You do not want anything that would discolor or weaken the bounce house material.
- Get a good patch material and cut it into an oval or circle shape so that the chance of the patch peeling up is reduced.
- Get into the inside of the bounce house, and then apply a thin layer of vinyl glue around the hole and not directly on the hole.
- Also, apply a coat of the same vinyl glue on one side of the patch and then allow the glue to sit for about 60 minutes before you try to patch the leak.
- Apply the glue-coated side of the patch on the hole in the bounce house and hold on to the patch on the hole for at least 2 minutes. And there you have it. The hole in your bounce house is fixed.
Best Bounce House Patch Kit
There are many bounce house patch kits that you can buy to fix the leak in your unit. Here are some of them:
1. Gorilla Bounce Multi-Color Professional Vinyl Repair Patch Kit
This kit contains everything you will need to fix a patch to your torn bounce house, including large patches of different colors [hence the name], adhesives, thread, and needles. All you need do is follow the step we talked about earlier to use the kit
2. Tear-Aid Vinyl Repair Kit
This kit supplies a simple and easy way of patching bounce house holes. Each kit holds different patches, reinforcement filament for repairing tears at edges, alcohol prep pads, and an illustrated instruction manual.
3. Awl For All
This is the kit used in stitching holes in a bounce house. The kit comes with 1 hand-held awl, 2 interchangeable needles, 2 spools of thread, and an instructional manual. This kit is sturdy, thick, easy to use, and sturdy; it is also used in fixing other things like shoes, bags, and the likes.
4. 1 x Inflatable Moonwalk Bounce Bouncer House Repairs
This bounce house repair patch is so easy to use, yet it is effectively patching up holes. For this patch, all you need to do is peel the patch and then stick it to the tear or hole.
What Can I Use to Clean a Bounce House?
You can use different things to clean a bounce house depending on how dirty it is and if molds and mildew invade it.
Good dish soap will do an excellent job of general cleaning the bounce house if you clean it with lukewarm water.
Steer clear of any harsh detergents or soap that might discolor your bounce house. Do not use bleach to clean your bounce house too because of discoloration of the unit.
To thoroughly clean your bounce house, if it is invaded by mold and mildew, then you can use mildew removers like:
- RMR-86 Complete Mold Killer and Remover: this product effectively gets mildew stains from your bounce house and disinfects the unit so that other mildew still left in the bounce house will be taken care of.
- Star Brite Mildew Stain Remover: this product will kill mildew once it is applied to a bounce house without you having to scrub very hard. All you need to do is spray the product on the stain, then scrub gently and rinse the bounce house, and boom!!!! The stain is gone.
- Clorox tailex Mold and Mildew remover: this product works like the previous one in which you do not have to stress yourself out scrubbing. All you have to do is apply a small quantity of the spot with the stain and then leave it for a minute, and the stain will vanish.
- Mold Bomb Particulate Fogger: this mold and mildew remover destroys them by suppressing the mold spores, and it is so easy to use that all you need to do is tap on the top of the can to start fogging.
Watch The Video Below to Learn How to Patch a Bounce House
A leak in your bounce house can be an issue that you can fix easily by yourself without getting a professional because there are many products you can use to fix the problem.
There are other great options to choose from if you are looking for a product to clean your bounce house with. These products are not only effective, but they are also easy on the pocket.
You May Also Like:
- How To Patch a Bounce House
- How Much Weight Can a Bounce Household
- 15 X 15 Bounce House Weight Limit
- How To Anchor a Swing Set on Grass, Turf, And Concrete?
- Factors to Consider Before Moving Swing Set
We trust this article helped you know about Bounce House Patch Kit. You may also want to check out our article on Bounce House Weight Limit.
Thanks for taking the time to read our article, and we hope you find it helpful. Would you mind leaving a comment below if you have any suggestions?
Kindly reach out to people by sharing this post on social media.